Matt likes to keep us busy on the weekends so he is always looking up fun things ( he says he needs fun things to do over the weekend make it feel like they are longer than they actually are) I couldn't agree with him more. A few weeks ago we went to a salsa festival with rows of tents and competitors claiming to have the best salsa. You could walk around tasting any one you wanted and the chips just kept appearing on our tray. I have never eaten so many different kinds of salsa or as much salsa as I did that day. Some were sweet, some were melt your face off hot, and some were just bleh. But we all enjoyed determining what we liked best. Porter, however, brought the fun times to an end when he pottied in his pants (we are talking number two here) and it got all over my pants. That kind of brought our fun to a screeching halt and we left the festivities a little early. I was beginning to think Porter would never get the guts to go number 2 in the toilet! Luckily, something grandma said to him when she came to watch them clicked something and no more potty accidents. Thank goodness, because I was about to lose it.
The boys received these free sunglasses for taste testing salsa. They think they are pretty awesome!
Our neighborhood has a lot of gatherings and parties. This was a spring fling activity. They had bounce houses galore, trains, and balloon animals. The best part of it was the lack of people that showed up! Sweet! We had most of the rides and bouncy houses to ourselves. That's the best way to celebrate spring.
Even though it is just spring, it is starting to really heat up here in the valley of the scorching sun. The little pool has been a constant entertainer and I decided a good Popsicle was needed in order to make everything just perfect. Last fall I sort of started an obsession over Paletta's. Now I think I need to start my own cart and sell them to the neighbors.
Preston's school hosted a color run. We were late because of swim lessons so we pretty much missed the entire event. The boys were lucky that their dad was not about to let them walk away from a color run and not have any color on them. So he dumped a couple packages of color on them and called it good. I don't think a whole lot of running took place on our behalf. My thoughts: It was very messy, and it kind of gave me a twitch just seeing them covered in the colored mess, but, they liked it and for a few days afterwards they had orange tinted skin and hair.
The wonderful world of swim lessons has officially begun. I am really hoping to finally get these two swimming by the end of summer. That is the goal anyway! Porter is a crazy water bug. I had to stop doing mom and tot with him when he was little because he thinks he can swim and doesn't owant to be restrained by anyone. The first few lessons were a riot because porter kept running away from the teacher. Eventually after a few time outs on the side in the cold air he learned he had to stay by the teacher. Oh, and by the way, the goggles are merely an accessory. He refused to use them if he actually had to go under the water.
Preston was very hesitant for his first day of lessons. Which was weird because he has never been afraid of people, and his fear of water finally ended a few years ago. But, when I took him to his teacher he acted really weird and insisted on having a large distance between him and his teacher. Anytime the teacher would help him with his floats Preston would go stiff as a board and get this strange look on his face. After his lesson I asked him why he was being so silly and he was absolutely disgusted and said that his teacher was naked! Really, his teacher obviously had swim trunks on but he was not wearing a rash guard top like I have the boys wear because of their fair skin. Once I explained that to him all the other lessons went just fine.









































1 comment:
As always, I love your posts and your pictures! I agree on the cautious motorcycle riding, and the boys are so cute in their sunglasses and swim goggles!
Post a Comment