Sunday, June 15, 2008

Busy Week

It has been a busy week, and I am glad that it is finally over. I have spent the past two weeks making 25 cheesecakes for my cousin's wedding. It was quite the task but I can honestly say I could make a cheesecake in my sleep now.

When I was not making cheesecakes I also started to plant some flowers and shrubs out front. I don't know how it happens but even after digging out a lot of rocks last year to plant the grass somehow rocks reproduce and I had to dig a whole bunch up again. Not to mention our shovel handle broke in half so I am working with a hobbit size shovel. But I was able to get some flowers planted. And I can't wait until it is completely finished.

To finish off this busy week, Matt had a race in Montecello Utah. We camped overnight and I don't think Matt and I or Jake and Nicole got much sleep because of our crying baby. Preston is not too fond of camping and I don't think I am either anymore.

It was a long hot day in Montecello as we waited for the race to start. Matt did OK, he doesn't think he had a good race but he did take 3rd in his class and 16th overall. We don't know how many people were in the race though. Nicole and I stood up to the challenge of "pit girls" - as usual. Preston was also on the cheerleading team with us, from a distance and with the noise of the bikes you could pass Preston's crying for cheering and the tears were only tears of joy. But of course some experienced grand-ma's were happy to help and take care of him while Nicole and I filled the tanks.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Your flowers look so nice! I'm excited to plant a few myself when we get out there.