Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Tricky Me
So, this last Saturday I was having some serious pains, which started to get worse and worse as the day went on. I was super nauseous and having contractions, which started to get a little closer and closer together. Matt and I thought "Is this it?" Finally, later at night we decided if they continued then we would go to the hospital. I kept throwing up (sorry more info than you needed) and I didn't know if that was something a usual person does, so I got a little nervous that something was wrong so Matt and I went to the hospital. They hooked me up to all those monitors and asked me a thousand questions and then gave me some medicine for the nausea. Well needless to say the contractions died down and they said I had the flu, which was causing the contractions. Bummer, and a little embarrassing but oh well! This was all late at night so we spent the night at my parents and were not able to get back to Heber for church the next morning and I was in no way feeling like a champ. This whole week I have been getting calls from people in my ward excited for me and assuming that I had my baby. They leave messages offering their services and they are all gitty and excited, it's been great, even though I am still pregnant and I have to call them and tell them that. However, I do get a couple giggles out of there messages, which is worth it. If I don't have this baby by this Sunday I will need to take a camera to church to document the shock on everyone's faces. SURPRISE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ha ha! Poor Amy! You should let them bring you over casseroles or something to at least make up for some of the disappointment of not having the baby yet. Preston will come eventually - I promise you!
Yeah that is pretty funny. I was wondering how things have been going with you guys. Hopefully this week sometime. Man you have to be so disappointed because the whole time they have been telling you "plan on having this baby early" and now you are almost past your second due date. How frustrating. Not that you need to be reminded. Just think this baby is going to be so healthy.
I have a friend who actually did throw up during labor, so that is not that weird to think that it was part of it. Good luck when it does happen, and hopefully that will be soon.
Oh, you poor girl. I agree with Mom--I would just lay in bed with a blanket over me and tell them the baby's sleeping so they can't see him, and take all the casseroles and cupcakes you can get.
what was your actual due date?
Post a Comment