Welcome Porter!
On Friday, December 30, 2011 Porter Jacob Field made his first appearance at 7:30 am. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and according to the pediatrician is 21 inches long, but according to the hospital he was 19 inches long. I will go with 20. He was placed close enough to kiss and then taken away by the nurses until I was out of recovery. An emotional moment but exciting to finally see his sweet face. The 2nd time I got to see Porter was behind glass as they wheeled me past the nursery and propped him up for me to see. Porter had fluid in his lungs that was slowly working its way out and finally 6 hours after being born Matt and I were finally able to hold him. It was a long 6 hours and I think Matt was being the most impatient of all, surprisingly, because the Field boy's are known for their patience. ;) He is a sweet little baby and we all love him so much!
Preston loves his baby brother and always wants to hold "my little guy" (that is what he calls Porter). He constantly wants to hug and kiss him. On the other hand, I think he is trying to find ways for attention which has resulted in numerous melt downs and temper tantrums. He is learning and so are we on how to deal with the new addition.









3 comments:
Your pictures are adorable, Amy! We can't wait to meet Porter and to see you, Matt and Preston! I hope you're feeling better and are able to recover quickly. We love you all!
Congrats you guys! He is so cute! I wish I could come and hold him! Good luck in the next few weeks, hope your recovery is going smoothly. Miss you guys!
Those are the cutest pictures! Poor little presty.
Post a Comment