Spring is here and we are loving it! My mom came in town to spend some time with us and I think the boys had fun seeing their grandma.
While my mom was here I got the chance to finish my quilt that I have been working on. More on that later. And it felt good to finish it.
We took a little trip to Tanyard creek to enjoy a break from the rain and the boys loved throwing rocks into the streams and running like wild animals every chance they got..

Preston was looking for Indians in this picture.
This bridge shakes when you walk on it and they boys thought that was so awesome.
My mom and I went to Timeout For Woman in Kansas city so the family made it a weekend trip. We started by going to Silver Dollar City in Branson MO. It was cold and rainy and not a whole lot of fun. We were just about the only people in the whole amusement park, so we had every ride to ourselves. Since we don't live close to a temple my mom let Matt and I take a little break and watched the boys at the hotel while we went to the Kansas City Temple. It was a beautiful temple similar to Nauvoo but on a much smaller scale. It felt so great to get a chance to do that. Later, Matt explored Kansas city while mom and I were at the conference. I loved Timeout for Women. It was so inspiring and it was nice to just be able to listen to amazing stories and it really made me want to be a better person. I loved it!
Spring meant Soccer Time! I think all 4 of us are glad that is now over. Even though Preston had maybe 2 or 3 games because of all the rain and snow we have gotten this spring. Preston didn't really enjoy soccer this time around. I think our next endeavor is going to be art classes. He just doesn't have the sports interest.
And a pinterest failure. What's spring without one of those. I found this recipe for homemade gummy bears. They looked awesome in the picture but they turned out to be a glorified jello jiggler that I did not approve of. thanks Pinterest.
Preston (my little botanist) helped me plant the garden and loves taking care of it. He has always been a plant/nature loving kind of guy. I hope my black thumb does not kill the excitement and his love for gardening. Preston's one request for the garden was blackberries. A little hesitant but I gave in. They grow wild here so that means I shouldn't have too much trouble keeping it alive, fingers crossed. We already had an herb garden and a little strawberry patch and our peach tree. Now we planted a wide variety of tomatoes, peas, beans, cucumbers, onions, and sweet peppers. I probably over did it, but we are having fun. Hopefully I don't kill it all.With springtime in Arkansas also comes the big thunderstorms the midnight tornado scares, and the unpredictable weather. However, I do love it here.










No comments:
Post a Comment